Hey there foodies and home cooks! Are you looking for a delicious and satisfying meal that is easy to make? Look no further than this Baked Meatball Recipe! Meatballs are a classic comfort food that somehow manage to be both hearty and light at the same time. And when they are baked, they become even more flavorful and juicy, adding a delicious crispy edge to the exterior which makes it irresistible to eat. Whether you’re vegetarian or a meat-lover, this recipe can be tweaked to your preference. So why not give this recipe a try and become a baking whiz in the kitchen?
While there are numerous meatball recipes out there, this one is a classic with a twist, combining a mixture of ground beef and turkey to create a lean, but extremely delicious dish. This recipe offers a perfect balance of flavors and textures, using fresh ingredients such as garlic, thyme, parsley, and Parmesan cheese that pairs perfectly with basic pantry ingredients like bread crumbs, eggs, and milk-protein. The best part of this recipe is its versatility; it can be served with anything from a classic marinara sauce and spaghetti to a side salad or even just by itself, making it an excellent choice for any mealtime or occasion.
Baked Meatballs Recipe
Baked meatballs are a classic and versatile dish that can be enjoyed in so many ways. Whether you have them with your favorite pasta or in a sub sandwich, these meatballs will surely satisfy your cravings. The best part is that they are easy to make, and you can customize them to your liking. Here’s a baked meatballs recipe that you can try out.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
All of these ingredients are easy to find and affordable. Plus, you can always adjust the quantities based on your preferred taste.
Now that you have all the ingredients let’s start making the dish. Here’s how:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, parsley, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until everything is incorporated.
- Form the mixture into meatballs, shaping approximately one and a half inches each. You can use a tablespoon or an ice cream scooper to make the balls even in size.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure there’s enough space between the balls to allow them to cook evenly.
- Bake the meatballs for about 20 minutes or until they’re fully cooked. You can tell that the meatballs are done when their internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Once the meatballs are cooked, you can serve them right away or add them to your preferred recipe. Enjoy!
There are plenty of ways to tweak the recipe to give it a different flavor. Here are some variations you can try:
- Chicken: Instead of ground beef, you can use ground chicken as an alternative. Chicken meatballs have a lighter taste, and they’re a healthier option if you’re watching your calories.
- Cheese: You can add your favorite cheese to the mixture to make your baked meatballs extra cheesy. Try adding some mozzarella, cheddar, or smoked provolone.
- Spices: You can add different spices and herbs to your meatball mix to give it a more unique taste. Add a pinch of chili powder for some heat or some oregano for an Italian twist.
With these variations, you can experiment with different flavors and find your favorite combination. The possibilities are endless!
Overall, baked meatballs are a delicious meal that you can enjoy for lunch, dinner, or as a party entrée. They’re easy to make and require only a handful of ingredients. So, roll up your sleeves, grab a mixing bowl, and start cooking!
Tips and Tricks
Make ahead and freezing
Baked meatballs can be a lifesaver on busy weeknights, but did you know that you can make them ahead of time and even freeze them? This can save you even more time and make dinner prep a breeze.
To make ahead, simply follow the recipe as directed and bake the meatballs. Once they have finished cooking and have cooled, transfer them to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To freeze baked meatballs, let them cool completely and place them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place them in the freezer and let them freeze until they are solid. Once they are frozen, transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to three months.
When you’re ready to use your make-ahead or frozen meatballs, simply thaw them in the refrigerator overnight or in the microwave on a defrost setting. Then, reheat them in the oven or on the stovetop until they are hot and ready to serve.
Now that you have your baked meatballs ready to go, it’s time to decide how to serve them. Of course, you can always enjoy them on their own, but there are many other options to consider.
If you’re a fan of spaghetti and meatballs, try serving your baked meatballs with a classic tomato sauce and spaghetti noodles for a delicious and comforting meal. You can also try serving them on a bed of rice with some veggies for a filling and nutritious dinner.
If you’re feeling adventurous, why not try making a meatball sub? Toast a hoagie roll and add sliced baked meatballs, your favorite cheese, and some marinara sauce for a delicious sandwich that’s perfect for lunch or dinner.
If you have any leftover baked meatballs, don’t worry! There are plenty of ways to incorporate them into other meals.
One option is to add them to a soup. Simply heat up some chicken or vegetable broth, add your leftover meatballs, and let them simmer together for a flavorful and comforting soup.
Another idea is to use them as a pizza topping. Simply chop up the meatballs and scatter them on top of your favorite pizza crust along with some sauce, cheese, and other toppings like veggies or olives.
With these tips and tricks, you’ll be ready to make and enjoy delicious baked meatballs any night of the week. Whether you make them ahead of time, serve them with spaghetti or rice, or use them up in other meals, your taste buds will thank you!
Happy Baking and Bon Appétit!
We hope this baked meatball recipe has inspired you to get creative in the kitchen and try something new. Baking is a great way to create delicious, healthy meals that are easy to prepare and serve. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or entertaining guests, there’s no better way to impress your taste buds than with a homemade meal.
Thank you for taking the time to read our article. We hope you enjoyed it and found some helpful tips and tricks for your next baking adventure. If you have any questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. And be sure to check back soon for more tasty recipes and cooking inspiration!
1. Can I make these meatballs ahead of time and freeze them?
Absolutely! In fact, making a big batch of meatballs and freezing them is a great way to have a quick and easy meal ready whenever you need it.
2. Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?
Definitely. You can use beef, pork, chicken, turkey or even lamb for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as different types of meat require different cooking times.
Yes, you can use gluten-free breadcrumbs in this recipe to make it gluten-free. Just be sure to check the labels on your ingredients to make sure they are all gluten-free.
4. Are these meatballs healthy?
This recipe uses lean ground beef and baking instead of frying, which makes it a healthier option than traditional meatballs. However, the exact nutritional information will depend on the ingredients you use.
5. Can I add other ingredients to the meatball mixture?
Definitely. You can add herbs, spices, cheese or any other ingredients you like to the meatball mixture to add extra flavor.
6. Can I use a different type of cheese?
Absolutely. You can use any type of cheese you like to make these meatballs your own.
7. How long do these meatballs keep in the fridge?
These meatballs will keep in the fridge for up to three days.
8. Can I make these meatballs in advance for a party?
Yes, you can make these meatballs in advance and reheat them in the oven when it’s time to serve.
9. How do I know when the meatballs are done?
The meatballs should be browned and crispy on the outside and cooked through on the inside. You can check for doneness by cutting one open and checking that there is no pink meat left inside.
10. What are some other dishes I can make with these meatballs?
These meatballs are delicious on their own, but you can also serve them with pasta, on a sandwich, or in a meatball sub. You can also make a hearty meatball soup or stew with them. Get creative and have fun!