Hey there, sweet tooth! Are you ready for a heavenly treat that will leave you smacking your lips? If you’re a fan of cherry desserts, then you’re in for a real treat. This delicious dump cake recipe is the perfect indulgence for anyone who loves the rich, fruity flavor of cherries.
Not only is this recipe incredibly easy to follow, but it’s also incredibly tasty. With its moist cake base and delicious cherry topping, it’s easy to see why dump cake has become such a popular dessert across the country. So if you’re looking for a new dessert to add to your recipe collection, then look no further than this indulgent cherry dump cake recipe.
Cherry Dump Cake Recipe: An Easy-to-Make Dessert
If you’re looking for a delicious dessert that’s easy to make, look no further than cherry dump cake. This delicious dessert is a crowd-pleaser that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a quick dessert to make during the week or a tasty treat to serve at a party, cherry dump cake is a great choice.
An Introduction to Cherry Dump Cake
Cherry dump cake is a popular dessert that has been around for generations. It’s a simple and tasty dessert that’s made in just a few easy steps. The recipe typically involves dumping cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple into a baking dish, topping it with cake mix and butter, and baking until golden brown and delicious.
The origins of cherry dump cake are unclear, with some people believing that the recipe may have originated in the southern United States. Regardless of its origins, it’s clear that cherry dump cake has become a beloved dessert that’s enjoyed by people all over the world.
Here are some fun facts about cherry dump cake:
- The name “dump cake” comes from the fact that all the ingredients are “dumped” into a baking dish.
- Cherry dump cake is a versatile recipe that can be made with a variety of different fruit fillings, including blueberry, apple, and peach.
- Some people like to add chopped nuts or coconut to the topping for extra crunch.
- Cherry dump cake can be served warm or cold, and can be topped with whipped cream or ice cream for extra indulgence.
Ingredients for Cherry Dump Cake
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make cherry dump cake:
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
That’s it! You only need four simple ingredients to make this delicious dessert.
Of course, you can always mix things up by using a different fruit filling or cake mix flavor. Here are some variations you might want to try:
- Blueberry dump cake: use a can of blueberry pie filling instead of cherry
- Peach dump cake: use a can of peach pie filling instead of cherry
- Chocolate dump cake: use a box of chocolate cake mix instead of yellow
- Spice dump cake: use a box of spice cake mix instead of yellow
Feel free to get creative and experiment with different flavors to find your perfect variation of cherry dump cake.
Here’s how to make cherry dump cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread the cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the fruit filling, spreading it out evenly.
- Pour the melted butter over the cake mix, making sure to cover all the dry mix. Don’t stir!
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm or cold, topped with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
That’s it! Making cherry dump cake is super easy and takes only a few minutes of preparation time. It’s a great dessert to make when you’re short on time but still want something delicious and satisfying.
So go ahead and try making cherry dump cake today. It’s sure to become a family favorite in no time!
Tips and Tricks for Making the Perfect Cherry Dump Cake
Cherry dump cake is a classic dessert made with just a few simple ingredients. With its sweet, gooey filling and crispy, buttery topping, it’s no surprise that this dessert is a crowd-pleaser. If you want to make the perfect cherry dump cake, follow these tips and tricks.
Choosing the Right Cake Mix
The base of a cherry dump cake is usually a yellow cake mix, but you can use any flavor that you like. For a more decadent cake, try using a chocolate or devil’s food cake mix. If you want a fruity flavor, use a lemon or strawberry cake mix. You can even use a spice cake mix if you like a more festive taste.
When choosing a cake mix, make sure to read the label and pick one that has a lower sugar content. This will ensure that the cake is not too sweet when combined with the sweet cherry pie filling.
Adding Flavors to Your Cake
If you want to add some extra flavor to your cherry dump cake, there are many ingredients you can use. Here are some of our favorites:
- Vanilla extract: Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the cake mix for a more complex and delicious flavor.
- Cinnamon: Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to the cake mix for a warm and cozy taste.
- Nuts: Add chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts to the topping for some crunchy texture.
- Coconut flakes: Add shredded coconut to the topping for a tropical twist.
When adding ingredients to your cake mix, make sure to fold them in gently. Overmixing can result in a tough cake.
Serving and Storing Your Cake
Cherry dump cake is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. You can also try adding some whipped cream or caramel sauce for an extra indulgent dessert.
If you have leftovers, you can store the cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat, simply microwave a slice for 15-20 seconds or until heated through.
These tips and tricks will help you make the perfect cherry dump cake every time. Experiment with different flavors and toppings to find your favorite combination.
Thank you for joining me on this sweet cherry adventure! I hope that this recipe has brought some joy and sweetness into your life. Remember to indulge in this cherry dump cake whenever you need a pick-me-up or want to treat yourself to something special!
Don’t forget to come back and visit me for more delicious recipes and sweet tips. I am always on the hunt for new dessert ideas, and I would love to share them with you. Until then, happy baking and keep enjoying all the sweetness that life has to offer!
1. Can I use frozen cherries?
Yes, you can use frozen cherries in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before using them in the cake.
2. Can I use a different cake mix other than yellow cake mix?
Absolutely! You can use any cake mix that you like, such as white cake mix, chocolate cake mix, or even spice cake mix.
3. Can I use fresh cherries instead of canned cherries?
Yes, you can use fresh cherries, but keep in mind that you will need to pit and chop them before using them in the cake.
4. How long does this cake last?
This cake can last up to 3 days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
5. Can I add nuts to this recipe?
Yes, you can add chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, to the cake mix before baking.
6. Can I use a different fruit instead of cherries?
Yes, you can use any fruit that you like, such as blueberries, peaches, or raspberries.
7. Can I use a different type of soda?
Yes, you can use any soda that you like, such as diet soda or a different flavored soda.
8. Can I make this cake gluten-free?
Yes, you can make this cake gluten-free by using a gluten-free cake mix.
9. Can I use a different type of pan?
Yes, you can use a different type of pan, such as a 9×13 inch baking dish or a bundt pan.
10. Can I use fresh whipped cream instead of Cool Whip?
Yes, you can use fresh whipped cream instead of Cool Whip, but keep in mind that it may not hold up as well if left out at room temperature.