Welcome, foodies! Are you a fan of Italian cuisine and enjoy experimenting with chicken recipes? Look no further, for we have an irresistible chicken scampi recipe in store for you. This mouthwatering dish is perfect for a quiet dinner with your significant other or a special get-together with friends, as it is sure to impress anyone who tries it. So, grab your apron and let’s start cooking!
Chicken scampi is an Italian-American dish consisting of succulent chicken breasts smothered in a buttery garlic sauce and served over a bed of pasta. This recipe puts a fresh spin on the classic dish by adding lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and white wine to the mix. Not only does this give the dish a zesty kick, but it also pairs beautifully with the tender chicken and rich sauce.
Introduction to Chicken Scampi Recipe
Are you tired of the same old chicken recipes and want to spice things up? Then look no further than Chicken Scampi, a dish that originated in Italian-American cuisine. Chicken scampi is a flavorful and delicious dish that combines succulent chicken with bold flavors of garlic, butter, and white wine. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make this mouth-watering dish in the comfort of your own home.
What is Chicken Scampi?
Chicken scampi is a dish that originated in Italian-American cuisine. It is made with chicken, garlic, butter, and white wine, all cooked together in a saucepan. The result is a savory and flavorful dish with a hint of tanginess. The dish is traditionally served over pasta, but it can also be enjoyed on its own or with a side of vegetables.
The ingredients required for making chicken scampi dish are easily available and straightforward to procure. For this recipe, you will need:
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
Make sure that you have all the ingredients before starting the preparation process.
Before you start cooking, it is important to prepare the chicken and other ingredients. Follow these simple steps to ensure that your dish comes out perfectly every time.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board, cover with plastic wrap, and pound with a meat mallet until they are even in thickness. This will ensure that the chicken cooks evenly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 4 minutes on each side until they are browned and cooked through. Once fully cooked, remove the chicken breasts from the skillet, set aside, and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in the white wine, chicken broth, and lemon juice, using a whisk to scrape off any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is slightly reduced and thickened.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes if you desire a bit of heat.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet, turning each piece to coat generously in the sauce. Allow the chicken to cook in the sauce for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the chicken hot with a garnish of lemon wedges on the side.
That’s it! You now know how to make a delicious and flavorful chicken scampi dish in just a few simple steps.
Chicken scampi is a simple yet elegant dish that is perfect for special occasions or Sunday dinners. Whether you decide to serve it over pasta or enjoy it on its own, this dish is sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more. Follow these steps, and you will have a delicious chicken scampi dish that will be the talk of the town.
Cooking Chicken Scampi
Chicken scampi is a classic Italian-American dish that is both flavorful and satisfying. It’s a dish that combines succulent chicken breasts with a rich, tangy sauce made from garlic, lemon, wine, and butter. The chicken is then served over a bed of pasta, making it a complete meal that is perfect for any occasion.
Sautéing the chicken is the first and most important step in making chicken scampi. To achieve the perfect sear, you need to make sure that your chicken is dry and seasoned properly. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, and season it generously with salt and black pepper.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add a tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil is hot, carefully place the chicken breasts in the skillet. Cook the chicken until it is golden brown on both sides and cooked through. This should take about 5-7 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
Making Scampi Sauce
The scampi sauce is what gives chicken scampi its unique flavor. To make the sauce, you will need garlic, lemon, white wine, and butter.
Melt two tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add four cloves of minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn the garlic, as it can turn bitter.
Next, add a 1/4 cup of white wine to the pan and bring it to a boil. Let the wine reduce for a few minutes before adding the juice of one lemon. Cook for another couple of minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Finally, stir in one more tablespoon of butter to finish the sauce. This will give it a rich, velvety texture.
Combining Chicken with Sauce and Pasta
To bring everything together, toss the cooked chicken with the scampi sauce and serve over a bed of cooked pasta. Linguine or spaghetti work well, but feel free to use your favorite pasta shape.
Once the chicken, sauce, and pasta are combined, you can finish off the dish with some fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese. The parsley will add a pop of color and freshness, while the Parmesan cheese will add a salty, nutty flavor.
In conclusion, chicken scampi is a delicious and easy dish that is perfect for any occasion. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking techniques, you can make a restaurant-quality meal in the comfort of your own home.
Tips and Variations for Chicken Scampi Recipe
If you want to make your chicken scampi dish even healthier and more filling, try adding some vegetables. You can use any veggies you like, but broccoli, bell peppers, and mushrooms work particularly well. Simply chop the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and add them to the skillet when you’re cooking the chicken. You may need to increase the amount of olive oil you use to ensure the veggies cook properly.
Not only do vegetables add extra nutrition to your meal, but they can also add a pop of color and flavor. The green broccoli works well against the white pasta and yellow chicken, while bell peppers add a hint of sweetness. Mushrooms, on the other hand, give the dish an earthy deliciousness that pairs perfectly with the tangy lemon-garlic sauce.
Using Different Types of Pasta
If you’re craving some variety in your chicken scampi, why not try experimenting with different types of pasta? Traditional scampi is served over linguine, but you can also use penne, spaghetti, fettuccine, or any other kind of long pasta. You could even try using a short pasta like fusilli for an interesting twist.
The kind of pasta you choose can affect the overall texture and flavor of the dish. For example, spaghetti is thinner and more delicate than linguine, so it will soak up the sauce more easily. A thicker noodle like fettuccine will create a richer, creamier dish. Penne’s ridges help hold onto the sauce better, while fusilli is fun and playful. Experiment with different pastas until you find your perfect pairing.
Chicken scampi makes for a delicious and satisfying main dish, but it’s always nice to have some sides to go with it. Here are some serving suggestions that complement the flavors of chicken scampi and round out the meal:
- Green salad: A fresh salad with simple vinaigrette can provide a nice contrast to the rich chicken and pasta. Plus, it’s an easy way to sneak in some more veggies.
- Garlic bread: Warm, crusty garlic bread is a classic side for pasta dishes. You can make your own or pick up some from your local bakery or grocery store.
- A glass of wine: A crisp, acidic white wine like Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc pairs well with chicken scampi. The wine’s acidity helps cut through the richness of the dish.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with your sides. Roasted vegetables, cheesy breadsticks, or even a simple side of buttered noodles can elevate your meal to the next level.
Give This Chicken Scampi Recipe a Go Today for a Delicious Meal!
Thank you for taking the time to read through this mouthwatering chicken scampi recipe. We hope that you are just as excited to try it out as we are! There’s nothing quite like a homemade meal that fills your belly and warms your soul. This recipe is perfect for a family dinner, a romantic date night, or even just a cozy night in by yourself.
We encourage you to come back and visit our website for more delicious recipes and cooking tips. We’re always adding new recipes and we love to share our passion for food with others. We want to hear from you too, so feel free to leave a comment or shoot us an email! Thank you again for reading and happy cooking!
1. How long will it take to make this chicken scampi?
This chicken scampi recipe takes about 30-40 minutes from start to finish, depending on your cooking skills and experience.
2. Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes, you can use any type of pasta you like for this recipe. However, we recommend a thin pasta like angel hair or spaghetti to help soak up the delicious sauce.
3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the chicken scampi ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
4. Can I freeze the chicken scampi?
Yes, you can freeze the chicken scampi in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
5. Can I substitute the white wine?
Yes, you can substitute the white wine with chicken broth or vegetable broth, but it will alter the flavor of the dish.
6. Can I use a different type of cheese?
Yes, you can use any type of grated cheese that you like for this recipe.
7. Can I add more vegetables to this dish?
Yes, you can add more vegetables like broccoli, mushrooms, or zucchini to this dish for added nutrition and flavor.
8. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts, but the cooking time may need to be adjusted.
9. Can I use pre-cooked chicken in this recipe?
Yes, you can use pre-cooked chicken in this recipe, but it may dry out more quickly.
10. Can I make this recipe spicy?
Yes, you can add crushed red pepper flakes or diced jalapenos to the dish for added spice.