Hey there, foodies! Are you feeling chilly and looking for something warm and comforting to savor for dinner tonight? Well, nothing can be more soothing and delicious than a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup. Whether you are feeling under the weather or simply seeking a cozy night in, chicken soup with noodles recipe is always your answer.
This classic soup has been a go-to recipe for many generations and cultures, known for its magical ability to make us feel better with just one spoonful. It is packed with hearty chicken, soft noodles, and flavorful vegetables, all swimming in a savory broth that’s so good you’ll want to drink it straight from the bowl. So why not warm up your taste buds and try out these slurp-worthy chicken soup with noodles recipes that will give you all the cozy feels you need on a chilly evening?
Traditional Chicken Soup with Noodles
Chicken soup with noodles is a classic comfort food that has been enjoyed by many families over generations. This cozy soup warms the heart and soothes the soul, and it’s a great dish to serve during chilly evenings or when someone is feeling under the weather. The delicious aroma of this soup alone will invite everyone to the table. Here’s a recipe for traditional chicken soup with noodles that you can easily make at home:
Ingredients for Chicken Soup with Noodles
In order to make traditional chicken soup with noodles, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 whole chicken (cut into pieces)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 carrots (diced)
- 3 celery stalks (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- 1 package of egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Instructions for Chicken Soup with Noodles
Follow these instructions to prepare delicious traditional chicken soup with noodles:
- Prepare the chicken by washing and cutting the meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat, and add the onion, carrots, and celery. Sauté the vegetables until they’re tender.
- Add the minced garlic to the pot and cook for an additional minute until fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pot and pour in the chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot and let the soup simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the egg noodles to the soup and let it cook for about ten minutes or until the noodles are fully cooked.
- Season the soup with salt, pepper, and chopped parsley, then serve hot.
Tips for Making Perfect Chicken Soup with Noodles
Follow these tips to make a delicious and hearty chicken soup with noodles:
- Use a rotisserie chicken to save some time and add flavor.
- For a well-rounded flavor, use the classic mirepoix, which consists of onions, celery, and carrots.
- For the best broth, try making your own homemade chicken broth by simmering chicken bones with aromatics like garlic, onions, and herbs.
- Remember to season the soup to taste, but go easy on the salt at first, as the chicken broth and noodles also contain salt.
Enjoy a delicious bowl of traditional chicken soup with noodles right in the comfort of your own home with this easy-to-follow recipe. This soup is perfect for those cold winter nights or whenever you’re feeling a little bit under the weather. You can also freeze and store any leftovers in the fridge for up to three months. Stay warm and cozy with a bowl of chicken soup!
Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken soup is already well known for its healing properties, but why not take it up a notch with the heat from jalapeño? This spicy chicken noodle soup recipe is perfect to warm you up during a cold day.
Ingredients for Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup
This recipe requires the following ingredients:
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into thin pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, minced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced finely
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 8 ounces of egg noodles
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of oil
Instructions for Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup
Here’s a step-by-step on making spicy chicken noodle soup:
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the chicken, garlic, ginger, and jalapeño. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add the carrots and celery. Sauté for about 3 minutes until they become soft.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Before you add the egg noodles to the soup, make sure to boil them separately. Once they are done, add them to the pot.
- Add the lime juice, soy sauce, and cilantro. Give the soup a good stir before serving.
Tips for Making Perfect Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup
To make this soup perfect in your taste buds, we have some tips to share:
- If you can’t handle the heat, decrease the amount of jalapeño or remove it completely.
- For extra umami flavor, include mushrooms in the recipe. Shitake mushrooms are a popular alternative that can easily be added to this soup.
- If you want to make this recipe gluten-free, switch out the egg noodles for rice noodles. Just make sure to boil them first before adding them to the soup.
Overall, this spicy chicken noodle soup is a good recipe that delivers great flavor as well as boosts your immune system. With the combination of chicken and vegetables, this soup is a hearty, filling dish that is perfect to eat on cold nights.
Chicken Soup with Noodles Recipes
Chicken soup with noodles is an ultimate comfort food that can keep you warm and cozy on a chilly night. The dish is hearty and filling, perfect for a family dinner or a quick lunch. The best part about this classic chicken soup recipe is that you can customize it to your liking by adding your favorite veggies, herbs, or spices. Here are some delicious chicken soup with noodles recipes that you can try for your next meal.
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
When you have a busy day ahead and don’t want to worry about dinner, throw everything in the slow cooker in the morning and let it work its magic. This slow cooker chicken noodle soup is incredibly easy to make, and the result is a rich and flavorful soup that you can enjoy anytime.
Ingredients for slow cooker chicken noodle soup
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Instructions for slow cooker chicken noodle soup
- Place the chicken thighs, onion, carrots, celery, and garlic in a slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth, thyme, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred the meat. Discard the bones and skin.
- Add the egg noodles and shredded chicken to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 20-25 minutes until the noodles are tender.
- Remove the bay leaves and taste the soup. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Tips for making perfect slow cooker chicken noodle soup
- Use bone-in chicken thighs for added richness and flavor. You can also use chicken breasts or a combination of both.
- Add frozen veggies such as peas, corn, or green beans for convenience and extra nutrition.
- Remove bay leaves and thyme stems before serving to avoid choking hazards.
With this recipe, meal prep is a breeze and clean-up is a snap. Slow cooker chicken noodle soup is a classic recipe that never fails to impress and fill the hearts and stomachs of everyone in the family.
Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup
When it comes to comfort food, few things are as satisfying as a warm bowl of chicken noodle soup. But did you know that adding a bit of lemon can elevate this classic dish to new heights? The tangy citrus flavor adds a touch of zing to this already comforting meal, making it the perfect dish for chilly nights or when you’re feeling under the weather. In this article, we’ll teach you how to make a delicious lemon chicken noodle soup that’s sure to become a new staple in your recipe box.
Ingredients for Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup
To make this soup, you’ll need:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 8 oz of egg noodles
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions for Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup
1. Begin by heating a large pot over medium heat. Add some olive oil, and then add the chicken breasts, onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Sauté for around 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
2. Pour in the chicken broth and bring everything to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for around 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Next, remove the chicken from the pot and shred it into bite-sized pieces with a fork. Return the chicken to the pot.
4. Add the egg noodles to the soup and cook for around 8-10 minutes or until they’re soft and tender.
5. Finally, stir in the lemon juice and dried thyme. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Your delicious lemon chicken noodle soup is now ready to be served! We recommend ladling it into bowls and garnishing with some fresh thyme leaves.
Tips for Making Perfect Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup
If you want to take your soup to the next level, consider the following tips:
- Use homemade chicken broth instead of store-bought. This will give your soup an added depth of flavor.
- Infuse the broth with a couple of bay leaves and a sprig of rosemary for extra flavor.
- Add a pinch of turmeric to the soup to give it a pop of golden color.
With these tips, you’ll be able to make the perfect lemon chicken noodle soup every time. So, what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and start cooking!
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Soup recipes are always a hit regardless of the season, but nothing satisfies the soul like a warm bowl of creamy chicken noodle soup on a chilly evening. This version of chicken noodle soup has a creamy and rich broth that will leave you wanting more with every spoonful.
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Instructions for Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Follow these simple steps to make this creamy chicken noodle soup:
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil or butter.
- Saute chicken, onion, carrots, and celery until the chicken is cooked through and the onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add the chicken broth, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the egg noodles and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in heavy cream.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes until heated through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Tips for Making Perfect Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Here are some tips to elevate your chicken noodle soup game:
- Add a splash of white wine for a touch of elegance.
- Melt Parmesan cheese into the broth for extra richness.
- Garnish with chopped chives or bacon bits for some added texture and flavor.
With these tips, you can easily turn this classic dish into a gourmet meal that will blow your taste buds away!
A Toast to Cozy Evenings
We hope this article has left you feeling inspired and excited to try out some comforting chicken soup with noodles recipes. Whether you’re dealing with a cold or simply craving something warm and comforting, these dishes are sure to hit the spot. From classic chicken noodle to spicy Thai-inspired variations, there’s no shortage of delicious soups to choose from. So go ahead and treat yourself to a cozy night in with a steaming bowl of homemade chicken soup.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article, and we hope to see you back again soon for more delicious recipe inspiration. Don’t forget to bookmark our page for future reference, and feel free to reach out if there are any other recipe topics you’d like us to cover. Until next time, cheers to good food and even better company.
1. Can I use store-bought chicken broth instead of making my own?
Yes, you can definitely use store-bought chicken broth if you’re short on time or don’t want to make your own. Just be sure to choose a high-quality brand with minimal sodium.
2. What’s the best type of noodle to use in chicken soup?
There’s no one “right” answer to this, as it really depends on your personal preferences. Some common choices include egg noodles, rice noodles, and udon noodles.
3. Can I make chicken soup in a slow cooker?
Absolutely! Simply toss all your ingredients into the slow cooker and let it simmer on low for 6-8 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
4. How long can I store leftover chicken soup?
Leftover chicken soup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Just be sure to reheat it thoroughly before serving.
5. Can I freeze chicken soup?
Yes! Chicken soup freezes very well and can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
6. How can I make my chicken soup more flavorful?
Adding fresh herbs, spices, and aromatics like garlic and onion can do wonders for enhancing the flavor of your chicken soup. Don’t be afraid to get creative with your seasonings!
7. Do I need to cook the noodles separately?
It depends on the recipe you’re using. Some chicken soup recipes call for cooking the noodles separately and adding them to the soup just before serving, while others have you cook the noodles directly in the soup.
8. Can I use pre-cooked chicken in my soup?
Yes, if you have leftover cooked chicken on hand, feel free to use that in your soup instead of raw chicken. Simply add it to the soup during the last few minutes of cooking to heat it through.
9. How can I make my chicken soup creamier?
Adding a splash of heavy cream or coconut milk can help make your chicken soup more creamy and luxurious.
10. Can I make my chicken soup spicy?
Absolutely! You can add chili flakes, hot sauce, or fresh jalapenos to your soup to give it a spicy kick. Just be sure to taste as you go and adjust the heat level to your liking.