Hello there foodies! Are you craving your favorite fast-food but don’t want to leave the comfort of your home? Worry no more because we’ve got you covered with our homemade Crunchwrap Supreme recipe that tastes just like the real deal! No need to spend tons of cash on takeouts because you can unleash the deliciousness right in your own kitchen.
Whether you’re a fan of Taco Bell or not, it’s undeniable that their Crunchwrap Supreme has gained immense popularity over the years. And who wouldn’t love a delicious combination of seasoned beef, melted cheese, crispy tostada and nacho cheese sauce all wrapped up in a soft tortilla? Yes, it’s definitely a favorite among many but did you know that you can create your own perfect version of it at home? Sounds great, right? No need to go out of your way to satisfy your cravings, we’ll guide you on how to make your own homemade Crunchwrap Supreme that’s just as good, if not better, than the original.
Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe: A Fun Twist on a Classic
Crunchwrap Supreme is a popular Mexican-inspired dish that has gained a cult following all over the world. The dish is made up of a flour tortilla that is wrapped into a hexagonal shape and filled with seasoned beef, nacho cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and a crispy tostada shell. It’s the perfect dish to satisfy your cravings for something savory, crunchy and filling.
What Is a Crunchwrap Supreme?
A Crunchwrap Supreme is a hybrid between a burrito and a tostada. The dish was first introduced by Taco Bell in 2005 and quickly became a fan favorite. It is made up of a large flour tortilla that is filled with seasoned beef, nacho cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and a crispy tostada shell. The tortilla is then folded into a hexagonal shape, making it easy to hold and eat.
The combination of textures and flavors in the dish is what makes it so unique and satisfying. The beef is seasoned with a blend of Mexican spices, making it flavorful and aromatic. The nacho cheese adds a creamy and tangy element, while the lettuce and tomatoes provide freshness and crunch. The tostada shell adds an extra layer of crunch and texture to every bite.
How to Make a Crunchwrap Supreme
Making a Crunchwrap Supreme at home is simple and easy. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make it.
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 packet of Taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup nacho cheese sauce
- 6 large flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 6 tostada shells
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Oil or cooking spray
- Cook the ground meat in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned.
- Add the Taco seasoning mix and follow the instructions on the packet to mix it in.
- Preheat a griddle or a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place a flour tortilla on the griddle or skillet.
- Warm up the tortilla for about 1 minute on each side.
- Place a tostada shell in the center of the tortilla.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of nacho cheese on top of the tostada shell.
- Add a spoonful of the cooked ground meat on top of the nacho cheese.
- Add a handful of shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes on top of the ground meat.
- Add a dollop of sour cream on top of the lettuce and tomatoes.
- Carefully fold the edges of the tortilla up over the filling, creating a hexagonal shape.
- Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Once all the Crunchwrap Supremes are assembled, heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and lightly coat it with oil or cooking spray.
- Carefully place the Crunchwrap Supreme on the skillet, folded side down.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the skillet and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
If you have dietary restrictions or preferences, you can easily customize the ingredients in your Crunchwrap Supreme. Here are some ideas for ingredient substitutions:
- Ground beef or turkey can be replaced with ground chicken, shredded chicken, or black beans for a vegetarian option.
- Nacho cheese sauce can be replaced with shredded cheddar cheese or a vegan cheese sauce.
- Flour tortillas can be replaced with corn tortillas for a gluten-free option.
- Tostada shells can be replaced with tortilla chips or Fritos corn chips for extra crunch.
- Lettuce and tomatoes can be replaced with any other vegetables of your choice, such as avocado, corn, or bell peppers.
Tips for Perfecting Your Crunchwrap Supreme
Here are some expert tips and tricks for making the perfect Crunchwrap Supreme:
- Don’t overstuff your Crunchwrap Supreme, as it can be difficult to fold properly and may fall apart when cooking.
- Make sure to fold your tortilla properly to create a tight seal around the filling and prevent it from spilling out when cooking.
- Use a non-stick skillet or griddle to cook your Crunchwrap Supreme, and lightly coat it with oil or cooking spray to prevent it from sticking.
- Adjust the heat of your skillet or griddle as needed to prevent your Crunchwrap Supreme from burning or not cooking evenly.
- Let your Crunchwrap Supreme cool for a few minutes before serving, as the filling can be very hot and may burn your tongue if eaten too soon.
Crunchwrap Supreme is a delicious and versatile dish that you can easily make at home. With the right ingredients and technique, you can recreate the Taco Bell classic in the comfort of your own kitchen. So why not give it a try and see how it compares to the original?
Creative Variations to Try
Veggie Crunchwrap Supreme
If you’re someone who chooses not to eat meat or simply looking for a meatless alternative, this veggie Crunchwrap Supreme recipe is an excellent choice.
To start, heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a can of black beans, drained and rinsed, as well as a cup of frozen corn. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the corn is cooked through.
Next, prepare the filling. In a bowl, combine 1 cup of cooked rice, 1 diced tomato, 1 diced avocado, and a tablespoon of chopped cilantro. Add the beans and corn mixture to this bowl and mix well.
Assemble your Crunchwrap by placing a large flour tortilla on a clean surface. Place a tostada shell in the center of the tortilla, followed by a scoop of the filling mixture. Fold the edges of the tortilla up and over the filling and secure it using toothpicks.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the Crunchwrap for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until it’s golden brown and crispy. Be sure to remove the toothpicks before eating!
Breakfast Crunchwrap Supreme
Why not start your day with a delicious breakfast version of the Crunchwrap Supreme? This recipe calls for scrambled eggs and bacon, but feel free to add in any other breakfast ingredients you prefer.
To begin, cook your bacon and scramble your eggs. Set them both aside, and then prepare your filling by combining 1 cup of cooked breakfast potatoes, 1 diced tomato, and 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Assemble your Crunchwrap by placing a large flour tortilla on a clean surface. Place a tostada shell in the center of the tortilla, followed by a scoop of the filling mixture. Next, add in the scrambled eggs and bacon.
Fold the edges of the tortilla up and over the filling and secure using toothpicks. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the Crunchwrap for about 3-4 minutes per side. Enjoy it hot and fresh!
Dessert Crunchwrap Supreme
Yes, you read that right – there’s a dessert version of the Crunchwrap Supreme, and it’s filled with Nutella and bananas!
To begin, spread Nutella on one side of a large flour tortilla. Place a banana sliced lengthwise on top of the Nutella, and then sprinkle a tablespoon of cinnamon sugar on top of the banana.
Fold the edges of the tortilla up and over the filling and secure using toothpicks. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the Crunchwrap for about 3-4 minutes per side.
Allow the Crunchwrap to cool slightly before removing the toothpicks and slicing it into wedges. This recipe is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth and it’s a great way to end any meal.
Give it a Try!
We hope that you find this homemade Crunchwrap Supreme recipe as delicious as we do! Making this recipe is a great way to switch up Taco Tuesday, and it’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Don’t forget to experiment with different fillings and sauces to create your own unique twist on the Crunchwrap!
Thanks for reading, and we can’t wait for you to visit us again. Stay tuned for more easy and tasty recipes!
1. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can! You can fill and assemble the Crunchwraps, then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and store them in the fridge for up to a day before cooking.
2. Can I use a different type of tortilla?
While the large flour tortilla works best to replicate the Taco Bell Crunchwrap, you can certainly try using a smaller tortilla and making a mini Crunchwrap!
3. Can I use ground beef instead of ground turkey?
Absolutely! Use whichever type of ground meat you prefer.
4. Can I make this recipe vegetarian or vegan?
Yes, simply omit the meat and use your favorite vegetarian or vegan protein substitute.
5. Can I use a different type of cheese?
Of course! Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese, including a shredded cheese blend or spicy cheese.
6. Can I use a different type of sauce?
Definitely! Use your favorite sauce, or try a different one to switch up the flavor.
7. Can I freeze the assembled Crunchwraps?
We do not recommend freezing the assembled Crunchwraps, as they may become soggy when reheated.
8. Can I use a different type of seasoning?
Yes, feel free to use your favorite taco seasoning or experiment with different spice blends.
9. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can use a gluten-free tortilla to make this recipe gluten-free.
10. Can I add additional toppings?
Absolutely! Add your favorite toppings, including jalapeños, diced tomatoes, or sliced avocado, to make the Crunchwrap your own.