Welcome to The Ultimate Round Steak Recipe Guide – the only place you need to be if you’re looking for mouthwatering recipe ideas! We’ve got a fantastic range of recipes that are perfect for any occasion, whether you’re cooking for yourself or for a crowd. From simple and easy round steak recipes to showstopping dishes, we’ve got it all covered.
You’ll find recipes for classic round steak dishes, as well as more adventurous recipes that will push your taste buds to their limits. Whether you want to cook your round steak on the grill, in the oven, or on the stovetop, we’ve got you covered. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s dive into the wonderful world of round steak and discover some new recipes to add to your cooking repertoire!
Delicious Round Steak Recipe
Are you craving a savory and juicy steak but don’t want to break the bank? Look no further than this delicious round steak recipe. Round steak is a leaner and less expensive cut of meat that can be used for a variety of dishes. This recipe is easy to follow and is sure to impress your taste buds.
To prepare this mouth-watering dish, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 pounds round steak
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
Follow these simple instructions to cook the perfect round steak:
- Combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and flour to make the seasoning mixture. Coat both sides of the round steak with the mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add round steak and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until browned. Remove the steak from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add beef broth to the skillet and stir until well combined. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return the round steak to the skillet and cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until the steak is tender. You can poke the steak with a fork to check for tenderness.
- Remove from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some helpful tips and tricks to make the most out of your round steak:
- For extra flavor, marinate the round steak overnight in your favorite marinade.
- If you prefer your steak well-done, cook it for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- To make a thicker gravy, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water. Add this mixture to the skillet before adding the beef broth.
- Round steaks are best when cooked at low temperatures for a longer time. If you’re short on time, consider using a slow cooker instead of a skillet.
Now that you know how to make this delicious round steak recipe, it’s time to get cooking! Impress your family and friends with your culinary skills and enjoy a tasty and affordable dinner.
Alternative Ways to Serve Round Steak
Round steak is a versatile and affordable cut of meat that can be prepared in a variety of ways. While it is delicious when grilled or pan-seared, there are also alternative methods for serving this cut of meat that can add some variety to your meal. Here are three alternative ways to serve round steak that are sure to impress your family and friends.
Stir-frying is a cooking method that involves quickly frying small pieces of food in a hot wok or skillet. When it comes to round steak, stir-frying is a great way to prepare this cut of meat because it cooks the meat quickly, allowing it to retain its tenderness and flavor. To make a delicious stir fry with round steak as the main ingredient, follow these simple instructions:
1. Start by cutting the round steak into thin, bite-sized pieces.
2. Preheat a wok or skillet over high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat the pan.
3. Add the sliced round steak and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until browned.
4. Add your favorite vegetables, such as peppers, carrots, and broccoli, along with a tablespoon of soy sauce and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
5. Serve over rice or noodles and enjoy!
Steak tacos are a delicious and easy way to use round steak in a meal. With fresh ingredients like lettuce, tomato, and avocado, steak tacos are a healthy and flavorful option that your whole family will enjoy. Here’s how to make steak tacos using round steak:
1. Start by seasoning the round steak with your favorite taco seasoning mix.
2. Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat the pan.
3. Add the seasoned round steak to the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your desired doneness.
4. While the steak is cooking, prepare your taco toppings, such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, and shredded cheese.
5. Once the steak is cooked, slice it into thin strips.
6. Warm soft corn tortillas in the microwave or on a skillet.
7. Assemble the tacos by adding a few slices of steak, toppings of your choice, and a squeeze of lime juice.
8. Enjoy your delicious and healthy steak tacos!
If you’re looking for a healthy and flavorful meal option, why not try making a steak salad with round steak as the protein source? This recipe is easy and versatile, allowing you to use any combination of vegetables and dressings you prefer. Here’s how to make a simple steak salad using round steak:
1. Start by seasoning the round steak with salt and pepper. Grill or sear the steak until it reaches your desired level of doneness.
2. Let the steak rest for a few minutes before slicing it into thin strips.
3. Toss your favorite vegetables in a large bowl, such as mixed greens, sliced cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes.
4. Add some cooked grains, such as quinoa or brown rice, to the bowl for added texture and flavor.
5. Top the salad with the sliced round steak and your favorite dressing.
6. Enjoy your healthy and flavorful steak salad!
In conclusion, round steak is a versatile and affordable cut of meat that can be used in a variety of ways. Whether you choose to stir-fry it, use it in tacos, or make a salad with it, there are plenty of delicious and healthy meal options that you can create with this cut of meat. So next time you’re looking for a way to switch up your meal routine, give one of these alternative ways to serve round steak a try!
How to Choose and Prepare Round Steak
The round steak is a popular cut of beef that comes from the animal’s rear end. A properly cooked round steak can be tender and juicy, making it a favorite among many dishes. However, choosing and preparing the right cut is essential to have the best results.
Choosing the Right Cut
When it comes to choosing round steak, there are a few options to consider. The top round, also known as inside round, is one of the most common cuts. It’s lean and typically used for roasts, stews, and thin beef slices. The bottom round, also known as outside round, is the second most common type of round steak and thrives as a roast, but can also make for a good steak as it’s tender and flavorful when cooked correctly.
Depending on your recipe and desired outcome, it’s best to choose the right cut. Select a cut that has enough marbling or fat to keep the meat tender and juicy. Look for steaks that have a bright red color as they will be the freshest. Steaks with gray or brown spots are often not fresh and could spoil soon.
Preparing the Meat
Once you’ve chosen the right cut, the next step is to prepare it before cooking. One way to do this is to marinate the steak. A good marinade can help tenderize and add flavor to the meat. Make sure to marinate it for at least a couple of hours before cooking.
Another essential factor in the preparation of round steak is to tenderize it. The meat should be pounded before cooking to break down the tough fibers and create a more tender steak. A meat mallet or a heavy skillet can do the job. It is necessary to remind cooks to be careful while pounding the meat because over-tenderized meat results in loss of texture and too much marination can ruin the taste.
After the meat’s been chosen and prepared, it’s time to think about which cooking method to use. Grilling is a popular way to cook a round steak as it provides a grilled flavor and requires only a short cooking time. The ideal temperature should be medium-high, and it should not take more than a few minutes on each side to achieve the perfect result.
Another favorite method is pan-searing, which is perfect for those who prefer fast cooking. Heat up the pan until it’s hot, add some oil or butter, and cook the steak for 3-4 minutes on each side. Finally, put the steak in the oven at 350°F, and allow it to cook for 10-15 minutes for medium-rare doneness.
If you want to keep the natural juices in, broiling is another excellent method. Cook the steaks on the broiler for a few minutes on each side until cooked to the desired level of doneness.
In conclusion, Round Steak is a delicious and versatile cut that can be prepared in many ways. Careful selection of the right cut, proper preparation and cooking techniques make all the difference with its tenderness and flavor. By following these tips, anyone can create a perfect round steak recipe.
Thanks for Reading – Come Back for More!
We hope you enjoyed our ultimate round steak recipe guide and found some mouthwatering ideas for your next meal or occasion. Whether you’re looking for quick and easy recipes or something more complex, we’ve got you covered. Cooking round steak shouldn’t be intimidating, and with our guide, you’ll be able to unleash your inner chef and impress your guests or family with your culinary skills.
Don’t forget to save this article and share it with your friends or family who may be looking for new and exciting ways to prepare their round steak. Check back often, as we’ll be updating our recipes and guides regularly with even more delicious options for you to choose from. Thank you for reading, and we can’t wait to bring you more mouthwatering ideas soon!
1. Can I marinate round steak overnight?
Yes, you can marinate round steak overnight to help tenderize and add flavor to the meat. Just be sure to cover the meat and store it in the fridge while marinating.
2. Which is better, grilling or pan-frying round steak?
Both methods can produce delicious results, but grilling can add a smoky flavor while pan-frying allows for more control over the cooking temperature.
3. How long should I cook round steak?
Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the steak, but a general rule of thumb is to cook it for 6-8 minutes per side for medium-rare to medium.
4. Can I cook round steak in a slow cooker?
Yes, slow-cooking can be a great method for preparing round steak. Just be sure to add enough liquid and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
5. What should I serve with round steak?
Round steak pairs well with a variety of sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a crisp salad.
6. Can I freeze round steak?
Yes, round steak can be frozen for up to 6-12 months if properly stored in an airtight container or freezer bag.
7. Are there any special cooking techniques for round steak?
Some recipes may call for pounding the meat with a meat mallet to tenderize it, while others may suggest searing the meat before cooking it to lock in flavor and juices.
8. Can I use round steak in stir-fry?
Yes, thinly sliced round steak can be used in stir-fry recipes for a delicious and budget-friendly meal.
9. Should I let the meat rest before cutting?
Yes, it’s a good idea to let the meat rest for a few minutes after cooking to allow the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more tender and flavorful steak.
10. Can I cook round steak in the oven?
Yes, oven-baking can produce a juicy and flavorful round steak. Just be sure to preheat your oven and cook for the appropriate amount of time based on the size and thickness of your steak.